OK, so…. When you’re in Windows on your MacBook / MacBook Pro and your computer is asleep, if you plug in the power adapter, it wakes up; in lots of cases, this is annoying and it certainly doesn’t do that when you’re in Mac OS X.
Follow these steps and you’ll be able to stop it from doing so:
- Click start
- Right click on My Computer / Computer
- Click properties
- Click Device manager (in XP, you have to go to to the Hardware tab to see this option)
- Click the + next to Batteries
- Double click on “Microsoft AC Adapter”
- Click Power Management
- Untick the “Allow this device to wake the computer” box.
Note: I’ve only tried this on Vista; it should work the same on XP but the position of the AC adapter in device manager might be different. Comment if it is and I’ll try to help.